Estimated start date: 31.12.2018
Vacancy type: Fixed-term / temporary, Duration Until further notice
Our mission at Enersense is to match talented professionals to challenging positions within our client companies who operate in various industries: energy, manufacturing, construction and many other.
We are currently looking for a Lifting & Handling Manager for our client in France. It is an exceptional chance to participate in the world’s largest nuclear fusion project, ITER, taking place in Cadarache. This international joint experiment is step into the future, aiming to harness the energy of fusion. This is a permanent role for a long-term duration.
Main tasks and duties:
- Responsible for the supervision of lifting and handling operations on site from safety, regulatory and operational point of view
- Drive the safety culture, lead, encourage, document and monitor subcontractor, supplier and site team regime of safety audit, inspection and progress meetings to drive and continually improving safety culture
- Ensure quality and compliance with the sites Lifting Standards
Aditionally Lifting & Handling Manage is expected to handle:
- Scaffolding supervision on site
- Operational management of the scaffolding including cost estimate and invoice checking
- Supervision of contractors compliance with the scaffolding and other shared services requirement
- Acceptance of scaffolding (with mandatory documentation) from the contractors
- Assist the tender process for scaffolding services procurement
- Overall 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Comprehensive lifting and handling experience with cranes and portable based rigging equipment
- Expert in French regulations for all lifting equipment with all certificates and qualifications to use lifting equipment
- Knowledge of the European regulations for specific scaffolding equipment (material, installation, initial and periodic inspection)
- Experience of writing and working with Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Excellent leadership anmd communication skills along with creative solution and problem solving skills
- HSE related qualification considered as a benefit
- Fluent in French and English
If you apply for this vacancy, you will create your own job seeker profile and will become a part of our internal candidate network. This will help us to offer you interesting job opportunities matching your expertise in the future as well.
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact us by E-mail: email@example.com.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.