Duration 12 months
We are currently looking for a Nuclear Safety Engineer for our client in Olkiluoto Nuclear Power Plant, Finland. The start will be as soon as possible and the estimated duration is 12 months.
Our client is a multinational company specializing in nuclear power and renewable energy. Work will be situated on Olkiluoto 3 Nuclear Power Plant construction site.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Draft safety messages
- Design and provide trainings
- Value experience feedback
- Collect weak signals and include them in databases
- Review events and weak signals and propose preventive actions
- Ensure interface with WANO and OSART for nuclear safety matters
- Review and assess nuclear safety culture, define and implement actions where appropriate
- Review processes
- Support performance or modification of commissioning tests
- Support performance or scheduling of preventive and corrective maintenance
- Support design change requests
- Support overall scheduling of activities
- Participate to start-up committee reviews
- Support performance of risk assessments
- Support assessments for technical specifications deviations or change proposals
- Report to Project Quality Director
- Participate to periodic project meetings and technical meetings where needed
- Take part in strategic decision-making
- Interact with all stakeholders as required
- Pressurized Water Reactor knowledge (general description, main process systems, operation modes…)
- At least 10 years of practical experience in the nuclear industry among which 5 years at least on nuclear power plants
- Practical experience in risk assessment activities
- Practical knowledge of nuclear safety regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of Nuclear Safety Culture (IAEA INSAG 4 publication, WANO key organizational parameters)
- Practical experience of root cause analysis
- Practical experience of corrective and preventive actions proposals, and follow-up of action plans
- Good command of MS Office software (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Practical experience of large-scale projects in international environments
- Practical experience of commissioning or start-up of nuclear facilities
- Practical experience in technical specifications use and interpretation
- Practical experience in regulator interface
- Knowledge of practical tools for the development of nuclear safety culture
- General knowledge of human factors methodology
- Practical experience of in-field observation and reporting
- Practical experience in the design and / or performance of training sessions
- Practical experience in the design of written communication (e.g. safety messages)
- Practical experience of working group leading
- English skills
By creating your own job seeker profile and applying for this position you are already one step closer to your next professional challenge.
Please send us your CV in English. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Please note that due to clients urgent need only applicants with a valid working permit / EU-citizenship can be considered.
Enersense is an operator for experts and workforce in the field of industry. We employ about 1 000 people a year. Enersense was founded in 2005 and our experience already covers a total of 39 countries, 62 different nationalities and 562 different job functions. Our mission is to connect skilled professionals to challenging jobs in our customer companies in Finland and worldwide. Our customers focus on many different industries, such as energy, construction and manufacturing.
As an Enersense employee, you will be provided with comprehensive occupational health care and seasonally changing benefits with our partners. We support and assist you throughout your employment, including in various logistical matters. We want you to be successful and have the possibility to develop yourself on your career path. If you wish to get a boost for your career, submit your application already today.