Duration 9 months
We are currently looking for a Nuclear Safety Manager for our client in Olkiluoto Nuclear Power Plant, Finland. The start will be as soon as possible and the estimated duration is 9 months.
Our client is a multinational company specializing in nuclear power and renewable energy. Work will be situated on Olkiluoto 3 Nuclear Power Plant construction site.
Your duties in this position will be:
- Drafting of all organizational and operational documents, and update of conventions with third parties
- Preparation of the International Regulatory Review Service of the national regulator by IAEA (processes dealing with operational experience feedback, safety culture and graded approach)
- Justification of the sizing and operability of the emergency plans
- Definition and justification of the trigger criteria leading to the launching of the emergency plans
- Definition of the maintenance requirements of the emergency equipment, and drafting of associated records
- Definition of the training theoretical and practical requirements, and drafting of training materials and final knowledge tests Drafting of the regulatory file of the nuclear safety authority
- Review of nuclear safety related documents submitted by the architect engineer and its contractors during design and construction phases, drafting of related assessment sheets, and technical advice where needed
- Review and assess the risk analysis provided by a nuclear operator to decommission and dismantle a defense nuclear fuel production facility
- Assessment of the operator’s technical studies, reports and calculation sheets
- Improvement of the initial project including further safety requirements
- Preparation of all technical meetings with the experts of the nuclear safety authority’s technical support (fire protection, criticality, radiation protection, containment...)
- Drafting of all technical answers and commitments for each risk
- Drafting of the final decommissioning report
- Identification of the safety and control systems to be protected from fire for s based on the technical specifications
- Update of the decommissioning and dismantling safety reports of the facilities
- Assessment of the preliminary design of the whole facility (general layout, process, utilities...)
- Review and improvement of the design to comply with the technical specifications and regulatory requirements
- Risk assessment (fire protection, radiation protection, confinement, ventilation, handling, earthquake...)
- Carry out a dosimetry analysis (ALARA) and an environmental analysis (ISO 14001) for the dismantling of a facility
- Optimization of the collective and individual dosimetry of the whole work site
- Optimization of the waste, effluents, and harmful effects of the whole work site on the environment
For this role we are expecting from you:
- Technical knowledge in process engineering
- Vast experience in similar tasks
- Experience in operating plants (not necessarily nuclear plant), usage of operating procedures
- Capability to understand complex systems
- Technical knowledge on Systems and Operation
- Background on Pressurized Water Reactor (PWR) operation, background on EPR™ would be appreciated
- Practical experience with nuclear standards and guides and standards (e.g. YVLs, KTAs, ASN …)
- Well-organized and able to handle technical work
- Ability to manipulate different tools
- Good attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexible and adaptable in a dynamic project environment
- Fluent in English
- Finnish and French also strongly desired
By creating your own job seeker profile and applying for this position you are already one step closer to your next professional challenge.
Drug test and concise security clearance will be done for the selected person in order to get the permanent access to OL3 site.
Please note that due to client's urgent need only applicants with a valid working permit / EU-citizenship can be considered.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Enersense is an operator for experts and workforce in the field of industry. We employ about 1 000 people a year. Enersense was founded in 2005 and our experience already covers a total of 39 countries, 62 different nationalities and 562 different job functions. Our mission is to connect skilled professionals to challenging jobs in our customer companies in Finland and worldwide. Our customers focus on many different industries, such as energy, construction and manufacturing.
As an Enersense employee, you will be provided with comprehensive occupational health care and seasonally changing benefits with our partners. We support and assist you throughout your employment, including in various logistical matters. We want you to be successful and have the possibility to develop yourself on your career path. If you wish to get a boost for your career, submit your application already today.