We are currently looking for a Mechanical Inspector for our client in Olkiluoto Nuclear Power Plant, Finland. Start of the project is as soon as possible.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To maintain discerning and constructive relations with the subcontractors and to serve as a link with Engineering, Purchasing, Project units, the inspector being one of the most present representatives of the client to subcontractor
- To communicate directly to relevant partners (Purchasing, Engineering, Project, Quality) all essential information related to the quality of the realisation and to the performances of the subcontractor
- To review and approve the follow-up documents
- To participate in the kick-off meeting and, for the quality aspect, verify the prerequisites to the launching of operations (coherence and independence of the organisation, content of the applicable documents, validity and field of qualifications, control equipment’s and resources of the subcontractors)
- To apply the client notification points on the follow-up documents, in accordance with the surveillance plans, or check that they include the end customer and client notifications defined in the order
- To execute the surveillance actions required by the surveillance plan of an order, with the Surveillance Guides to judge the conformity of the product
- To fill in the Surveillance Guides with results of the surveillance actions, showing and justifying the fulfilment of the scheduled surveillance actions
- To apply the subcontractors documents which have been the subject of a surveillance action, the date of surveillance, the visa and the stamp/ name of the inspector. The values measured, which have been the object of a verification by the Inspector, may be identified on the reports of the subcontractor by the surveillance date, the visa and the stamp/ name of the Inspector
- To detect and/ or record the non-conformance for all contractual criteria that has not been respected (equipment or document) then in the limits of the delegations that are given to the Inspector, request the opening of client non-conformance (NCR/DR). Collaborate to the treatment of non-conformance with the dedicated unit, taking into account the demands of the customer and of the Safety Authorities. Confirm the closure of the client non-conformance
- To issue client Observation Notice for all inappropriate actions and/or for all result imperfectly controlled by the subcontractor to reach the conformity demonstration/ assessment
- To review the Erection Completion Certificates with the verification of the End of Erection Reports and when applicable the Handover Certificates of the radiographic films
- To participate in the treatment of the customers’ demands (response to the observations)
- To ensure the conditioning methods and the packaging of the radiographic films, when applicable
- To be possibly delegated Discipline Leader for any specific task
- Mechanical Engineering background
- A comprehensive knowledge of contract requirements, codes & norms required by the various project specifications and the application of YVL
- Sufficient knowledge of utilisation of office applications (Acrobat, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) to support inspection activities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- English skills required
By applying you will create your own job seeker profile and you will be a part of our candidate network. We will be able to offer you suitable job opportunities also in the future.
The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Enersense International Plc implements zero-emission energy solutions and is closely involved in supporting the current energy breakthrough and making a zero-emission society a reality. Enersense’s brand and the ability of its personnel to adopt new ways of working and of using digital technology are especially well known through large construction projects in Finland and internationally in approximately 40 countries. The company has around 2,400 employees.
As an Enersense employee, you will be provided with comprehensive occupational health care and seasonally changing benefits with our partners. We support and assist you throughout your employment, including in various logistical matters. We want you to be successful and have the possibility to develop yourself on your career path. If you wish to get a boost for your career, submit your application already today. *mechanical